This week, Rebecca hits you in the face with an Intelligence Community Whistleblower and Debate Recap, Smitha peels back the curtain on decisionmaking within Indivisible Oregon, and Megan is off on a secret mission.
But it’s all harmless fun.
Previous DNI Director Coats stepped down in August. We now have an Acting Director of DNI.
Five Thirty-Eight: Warren won the debate.
Anand Giridharadas thread on Biden’s Racism With A Smile.
THIS DOCTOR MAKES HOUSE CALLS
Issues of the week: Call about impeachment and something else
My name is XX from XX zip code. I’m calling about two things. First, the president has committed impeachable offenses and I want XX to publicly support immediate, televised impeachment hearings. Second (chose one of the below)
- Our Supreme Court is compromised. I ask XX to call for Kavanaugh’s impeachment
- Our elections are at risk and I want XX to keep pushing McConnell to put the SAFE act to a vote on the Senate Floor
- Our lives are at risk from gun violence and I want XX to keep pushing McConnell to put HR 8 to a vote on the Senate Floor
- Lives are being destroyed at the border. I want XX to push for a budget that cuts funds for CBP/ICE and has humanitarian guardrails for any money they get
- Trump is a national security risk. I want XX to push for legislation to stop Trump from dragging us into a war with Iran
And after you call please work towards the 2020 election with Swing Left or a group using Swing Left tools: https://swingleft.org/events