Ep. 45 – KavaNOPE
We’re pissed about Brett Kavanaugh, Abortion, Misogyny & Midterms, and we’ve got plans to get to work.
THIS DOCTOR MAKES HOUSE CALLS
Issues of the week: Congressional To Do List
The whitening of America continues: death tolls in Puerto Rico were adjusted up with no change in aid, families are still separated at the border, citizens are being denied their rights, banks are denying services based on citizenship, and Trump still talks of a wall in Mexico. As congress gets back to work we need investigations into PR and families at the border and demand that no money in the budget go for the wall
The GOP and trump admin are corrupt: after passing a 1.5 Trillion tax cut Trump now says there is no money for pay raises for federal workers, the GOP budget has cuts to Inspector General offices, and 40% of America families struggle for their basic needs. We demand that congress protect our safety net including healthcare and food stamps.
Calls to congress
- Script to stop attacks on immigrants: “My name is [Name]. I am a constituent and I and live in ZIP code [number]. I am calling because I am deeply concerned over the attacks against immigrants from families at the border, the death toll in Puerto Rico and citizens being denied their passports. I ask that the Senator/Rep start investigations into PR and families at the border and demand that no money in the budget go for the wall. Thank you.”
- Script to protect our safety net: “My name is [Name]. I am a constituent and I and live in ZIP code [number]. I am calling because I am disgusted by the corruption in the GOP. They passed a trillion dollar tax cut and now say there is no money for federal pay raises I ask that the Senator/Rep protect our safety net including healthcare and food stamps. Thank you.”
- Script for Kavanaugh “My name is XXX and I’m from zipcode: Brett Kavanaugh threatens almost every value I hold dear including voting rights/women’s rights/gun control. I ask that the Senator make sure there are no hearings until the American people have access to ALL of his records and Mueller has cleared Trump.”
- Stop the whitening of America and oppose Measure 105 (formerly IP 22). This is an attempt by anti-immigration groups to repeal Oregon’s 30-year-old sanctuary state law. Commit to vote NO on 105 https://orunited.org/ and make sure all your friends and family do the same
- Support Governor Kate Brown https://katebrownfororegon.com/ .
- National actions
- Check out this new resource from Pod Save America: Vote Save America https://votesaveamerica.com/.
- senate action: https://www.roadto2018.com/ pick a vulnerable blue senator in a red and do something every month to help them win
- Figure out your plans for #LastWeekend and sign up at https://thelastweekend.org/ – ask off for vacation now.
LISTEN UP, DUMMIES!
THE MIDTERM ELECTIONS ARE STRESSING ME OUT SO PLEASE DO THINGS.
All the things are here.
Jamie McLeod Skinner THINGS: (OR-02)
Carolyn Long Things: (WA-03)