Ep. 44 – Slow News Day
This week, on “Slow News Day,” the thing about Manafort & Cohen’s guilt is that families are still separated and Kavanaugh is still an unfit nominee for the Supreme Court.
THIS DOCTOR MAKES HOUSE CALLS
Issues of the week: SAVE VOTING RIGHTS
After creating the family separation policy, ignoring evidence that separation would harm families, and subjecting children to abuse, this administration has now abandoned these families and is asking children to make impossible choices. We must keep calling to reunite these families NOW.
Not only is Kavanaugh deeply unpopular for holding values that DO NOT align with much of America, he was nominated by a president who directed felonies to win the presidency. This makes Kavanaugh unfit for the Supreme Court.
Calls to #KeepFamililesTogether and stop Kavanaugh
- Script to help families “My name is [Name]. I am a constituent and I and live in ZIP code [number]. I am calling because I am deeply concerned that over 500 children are still separated from their families. I ask that the Senator/Rep work to pass the REUNITE Act immediately and work towards legislation that will provide for reparations and citizenship. Thank you.”
- Script for Kavanaugh “My name is XXX and I’m from zipcode: Brett Kavanaugh was nominated by a president who directed felonies to win the presidency and therefore he is unfit for the Supreme Court. I ask that the Senator do all he or she can to stop Kavanaugh from being confirmed.”
This November Measure 105 (formerly IP 22) is on the ballot. This is an attempt by anti-immigration groups to repeal Oregon’s 30-year-old sanctuary state law. Commit to vote NO on 105 https://orunited.org/ and make sure all your friends and family do the same
- Support Governor Kate Brown https://katebrownfororegon.com/ .
- We to provide real help for these families we need a new Congress.
- Check out this new resource from Pod Save America: Vote Save America https://votesaveamerica.com/.
- senate action: https://www.roadto2018.com/ pick a vulnerable blue senator in a red and do something every month to help them win
- Figure out your plans for #LastWeekend and sign up at https://thelastweekend.org/ – ask off for vacation now.
LISTEN UP, DUMMIES!
Still on ‘midterm hiatus’ but that didn’t stop her from meg-splaining.