Ep. 36 – Dystopian Hellscape
Rebecca shares an under-reported story linking Brexit to Russia and Trump, Smitha vents her hatred of Jeff Sessions, and Megan continues the conversation about State Sponsored Kidnapping (aka Trump’s Family Separation policy).
Amy Siskind’s Weekly Podcast.
Two Broads Talking Politics Podcast.
Donate to organizations helping families on the border:
Article in The Cut on resources to help families at the border.
Article in Slate with more resources to help families at the border.
Occupy Ice Facebook Page. (OccupyICEPDX)
Occupy Ice Twitter Feed @OccupyICEPDX
Brexit + Russia + Trump:
Coverage from The Guardian UK on connections between Brexit Backers Aaron Banks, Nigel Farage, Andy Wigmore and Russian government officials is here and here and here.
THIS DOCTOR MAKES HOUSE CALLS
Issue of the week
Jeff Sessions is effectively enacting the Trump Administrations’ policy leading to disastrous results to our lives and our democracy. He is responsible for
- the Justice Department taking the unprecedented step of not defending the ACA in court and siding with states the believe covering preexisting conditions is unconstitutional and must be struck down.
- changing the US government’s position to one of being in favor of purging voters from the voting rolls for voting inactivity. The Supreme Court decided in favor of this position and Trump celebrated.
- Helping to create and enforcing the policy of 100% criminal prosecution at the border, resulting families being separated, at times with techniques used by the Nazis.
Every day reports come out, each more heinous than the last, with human rights violations and irreparable damage being done to families at the border. Trump and his admin are doubling down on this policy and it is up to us to stop it.
- Call your Members of Congress EVERY DAY (see link above for #). Demand that they stop this administration from separating families at the border. Ask them to vote NO on the immigrations bills in the house and to support the Keep Families Together Act.
- Call the Justice Department comment line at 202-353-1555. Demand that they stop separating families at the border. This is a policy enacted by this administration and this attorney general and they have the power to stop his heinous policy. They need to use it.
- Take part in a Families Belong Together event June 30th near you
- Donate to help families at the border: some ideas include with Physician Women for Democratic Principles and KIND or with Hillary Clinton on behalf of 10 organizations
- Read this article by former guest and passionate physician Domi Le about how to help